[Oeva-list] Lee Harts Battery Balancer

John RA Benson jrab at e-m-w.com
Sun Mar 4 21:01:05 PST 2007

Well, you know I'm in!

If you look at the alternatives, there isn't much there at a reasonable
price point. Powercheqs are $58.00 from
http://www.evsource.com/tls_powercheq.php, but aren't really good for long
battery strings (12+). Rudman regs are $75. The mk2's are being phased out
at only $45. So from a purely financial standpoint, $30/battery would be
fantastic. $50/battery would still be pretty good. They all have their
advantages and disadvantages, of course. What I like about Lee's is that
it's not dumping energy away, and it's easy to monitor the voltages. If you
put good batteries in the vehicle, I hope it pays to take care of them.

JRAB