[Oeva-list] Upcoming Events

Paul A Burkey paburkey at juno.com
Mon Mar 26 08:31:48 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I think we should try to cover as many events on April 21st as we can, so
we can get more people know about OEVA.

For April:
April 21st
New Request!
The City of Beaverton, OR is holding a Neighborhood Summit on Saturday,
April 21st from 9 a.m. to Noon at City Hall and the topic
is "Living Greener: Practical Solutions for You and How Your City and
Regional Partners Can Help!"  We will be having several presentations
and are inviting local businesses and organizations to provide
displays for attendees to take a look at.  With that said, we would
like to have the Oregon Electric Vehicles Association provide a booth
for the event or bring along a few cars to showcase outside of City Hall.

The presentations are all booked, but your participation with a  booth
inside
and/or a few electric cars to display outside would be great.
If this sounds like something that you might be interested in please give

me a call at (503) 526-2543 or send me an email. Thanks
for your time and consideration.

   Jason Wachs, Program Coordinator
   City of Beaverton Neighborhood Program

April 21st
This was announced again last meeting.
A friend just returned from Los Angeles and heard Ed Begley speak with
passion about EVs, and he also showed off his sizable new EV.  An AMAZING
array of alternative vehicles were present.  Shall we re-create the event
- in April?

  to wit:

  A major Earth Day 2007 event is Scheduled for a mid April Saturday,
  in Woodlawn Park - in Northeast Portland.  Anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000
attendees are expected, depending on weather and level of community
involvement in promotion.  An excellent children's area is always part of
this event.

  An Alternative Transportation Fair exhibition opportunity exists,
   & also I believe that a Coordinator (or Co-Coordinators)
  for the Alternative Transportation Fair are needed to organize
  and help promote something really special.

  Does anyone active with OEVA have interest in making this happen?

  Here is an overview:
  Better Transportation Fair    Goals: create better transportation fair,
communicate with exhibitors, work with design and logistics people/ Job
participants, work with publicity. Roles: one coordinator Time-line:
January: contact participants. February: work with design committee.
April: coordinate at the event. Other committees: design, logistics,
publicity. Needs/Resources: Contact Information.

  Past photos and a meeting sign-up email list are at
http://www.cityrepair.org/wiki.php/projects/earthday

  Maybe a screening of WKTEC (with a Q & A session) can also happen as
part of the Earth Day weekend, or pass out tickets for a subsequent date
?  ( For Earth Day we hope to have use of Woodlawn Elem. School, Woodlawn
Park Methodist Church & Community Resource Center, and the Village
Ballroom, on NE Dekum much of the weekend, as well as the Park and
neighboring streets)  Partnership in fund-raising ideas/grants is
encouraged.

  Julie Mikalson
  Volunteer, Earth Day 2007

  Recent earth day Planning meeting notes are here:
  http://www.cityrepair.org/wiki.php/projects/earthday/2007.woodlawn.park

For July:

It’s time to start thinking about the Hillsboro Rotary’s 4th of July
Parade!  This year, parade registration is now on the web, accessible via
a link from the Club’s home page: www.hillsbororotary.org or by going
directly to www.hillsbororotary.org/parade. We have also added some
general information/instructions to provide you with as much information
in advance as possible.

We look forward to having you join us once again this year as we
celebrate “The Spirit of Discovery” on July 4th with the Hillsboro
community.  Please complete your registration as early as possible so
that we can be sure to save you a spot in our lineup.

Thank you!

Deanna Palm
President
Greater Hillsboro Area Chamber of Commerce
5193 N.E. Elam Young Parkway, Suite A
Hillsboro, OR  97124
Direct:  503 726-2146
Office:  503 648-1102 ext. 146