[Oeva-list] Quick220?

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:02:08 PDT 2007

Has anyone used a Quick220 Voltage Converter to charge their EV?

Here is a link to it: http://www.quick220.com/220_catalog.htm

The quick220 is plugged into two 115V outlets (one A phase and one B phase)
and these are combinded to make a 220V outlet.

I have a wall charger at home, but I was thinking this could be helpful for
charging at friends & family's houses.  I drive a 1998 Chevy S10EV and I
have a 2nd Magne Charge unit that I could take with me for longer trips.  It
seems like it would be easier to find two 115V outlets rather than a 220V
outlet.  And I could run long extensions cords from the 115V outlets to the
Quick220.

Any experience or comments from anyone who has used this or a similar
product is appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

Related Links: