[Oeva-list] LED Tail Lights

jray3 at aol.com jray3 at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 02:59:21 PDT 2007

I haven't done this yet, but FWIW, the ledtronics website echoes exacty what I've heard elsewhere, that older 'thermal' flasher units just need to be replaced with electronic flashers (which switch the bulb on and off based on time, not current).  This is the same flasher used when installing a towing wire harness,
as the added load of trailer lighting will cause thermal flashers to click very s l o w l y (yeah, sounds counter-intuitive).  Opposite problem as with LEDs, but same cure applies.
Does anyone's experience jive with this?
Thanks,
Jay
www.karmanneclectric.blogspot.com

Message: 4