[Oeva-list] Question on wiring relays

Micheal Drewry glassphotoart at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 07:26:04 PDT 2007

Hi All,

  My 1993 Saturn SL2 conversion is moving along and I'm at the point where I'm working on the final wiring.  So, in looking over everything I got from Electro-Automotive, I have 2 different kinds of relays.  Some are a more simple Bosch relay with 4 posts. From the Convert It book and the notes they sent along, I can figure out how to wire these ones.

  But the other relays (for key switch and charger interlock) have 8 posts. These are Potter Brumfield KUHP-11D51-12 for the key switch and KUHP-11D51-120 for the charger interlock. 2 posts appear to be set aside from the other 6 and have no labels.  The others have numbers 1,3,4,6,7,9 by them.

  Has anyone had experience wiring these types of relays?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  I've gotten the vacuum pump installed last weekend, the battery racks are all in place and the batteries and cables are going in now.  I should have all the 120 V wiring done by this weekend and am down the getting the low volt wiring and gages. Oh, and the charger.   Wow, it is getting close.  I can't wait to bring her down to the meeting.

  See you all on Thursday.

  Mike Drewry