[Oeva-list] Upcoming Events in April

Paul A Burkey paburkey at juno.com
Mon Apr 7 08:58:55 PDT 2008

Hi,

Below are the upcoming events in April.

Paul Burkey
Ongoing Events Chair

April 19th
Hello Beaverton Neighborhood Summit participants,
Thanks so much for your participation in this great event!  I wanted to
ask for your help in making a final push to get the word out about this
event.  If you have any event calendars, email lists, etc. that you can
send or post the following link to that would be very helpful.  A flier
is available on the web at the following link with all of the information
about the event.
http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/departments/neighborhoods/news/summit.aspx

Thanks again for your help in getting the word out about this event!
Jason Wachs, Program Coordinator
City of Beaverton Neighborhood Program
4755 SW Griffith Drive
Tel: (503) 526-2543

Hi Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me regarding attending the Summit. I will
reserve a booth for the OEVA. We are not completely sure how many
vehicles we can handle right now but most likely no more than 8-10 cars.
We will be sending out more information about the Summit closer to the
date but if you have any more questions feel free to contact us before
then.  Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at the Beaverton
Neighborhood Summit.

Regards,
Teresa Davis

We expect about 200 residents to attend the summit at the Beaverton
Library on Saturday, April 19th, 2008, from 9am-noon. We will be inviting
organizations and businesses who promote sustainable living to volunteer
to staff booths at the summit in order to provide residents with
knowledgeable information about their organization. This is not only an
excellent opportunity for you to help out the community and the
environment, but it also provides a chance for you to spread the word
about your organization.

  If you would like to participate and reserve a booth to provide
information about your organization, please RSVP as soon as possible. To
RSVP or for more information, call Jason Wachs at 503-526-2543 or respond
to this email as soon as possible and remember to save the date! Thank
you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you!

  We hope to see you at the 2008 Beaverton Neighborhood Summit!

  Regards,

  Teresa Davis
  teresadavis at ci.beaverton.or.us
  City of Beaverton
  Neighborhood Program

April 22 Tuesday

From: Samantha Duke [mailto:samiduke at hotmail.com]
Subject: Earth Day at DDHS

Samantha Duke a Senior at David Douglas High School is looking for
someone (Two people, I think?) to have two stations set up for 4th
Graders.

The event will take place on Earth day, April 22 of 2008, and the would
greatly appreciate it if you and/or your affiliates could join us in an
attempt to teach the next generation how to take care of Mother Earth.

Should you choose to lend us your valuable knowledge you will be required
to be there from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on April 22. The layout of this
event requires two stations, but if you are unable to provide two
stations an alternative can be arranged.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could incorporate your extensive
knowledge about electric vehicles into your stand, which will include 1-2
tables complete with canopy. You are free to do what ever you wish with
your stand, as long as you let me know what your plan is and what
materials you will be needing. If you are interested in giving us a
helping hand in our quest to teach the younger population about the
natural world around them, feel free to contact me with any questions or
comments.

Samantha Duke   Senior
Natural Resources Career Pathway
David Douglas High School
1001 Se 135th Avenue   97233 Portland, OR
samiduke at hotmail.com <mailto:samiduke at hotmail.com?>
503.250.1209

April 23rd
  Hello,

  I recently spoke with your representative at the Energy Trust
event in Portland. At Portland Community College Sylvania, we are
having a Green Business Fair on April 23rd to showcase local
organizations. If you are interested in having a table or materials
displayed at the event, we would appreciate your participation.
Please feel free to contact me for more information.

  Thank you,

  Julie Thompson