[Oeva-list] Local EV shops/resources in Portland

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 12:29:57 PDT 2008

Hello OEVA folks,

   Recently, I've been receiving several questions recently regarding local Portland resources for EV conversions.  I'd like compile a list and post it on our website so that people can go there instead of asking the same questions repeatedly on the e-mail list.  Some of the questions have been:

- What EV conversion shops are there in Portland?
- Where can I get good-quality inexpensive welding cable and lugs?
- What is a good machine shop to make an adapter plate or coupler at?
- What is a good metal/plastic welding shop for battery boxes or mounting brackets?
- What are good stores for general hardware (good quality bolts, wire, etc...)?
- Where can I get suspension upgrade parts?

If you have answers to these questions, please reply to me (tim_kutscha at yahoo.com) or to
the general group list so I can gather this info for everyone.  If you know of other commonly
asked questions and have answers for those, that would be great too.

Thanks and have a great week!

Cheers,
Tim Kutscha
OEVA co-chair
tim_kutscha at yahoo.com

p.s. I get my cable at United Welding and use ParkRose Hardware for bolts/wire etc...

http://mail.yahoo.com