[Oeva-list] A Newbie

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:51:44 PDT 2008

There is an MCEV store in Beaverton that you can talk to:
http://mcev.biz/locations/portland1.html

If you want to discuss EVs, that is all they sell and they will not try to
push you into a Jetta.

The EVs that are out there now, do have limitations.  You need to understand
what they can and can not do as far as speed and range.

I work in Hillsboro and two of my co-workers drive Zap! PK Trucks and they
are very happy with them.  Low speed vehicles can work great in Hillsboro.
I would look at the Zenn and Miles cars, they have better reputations.

For me, with my current commute, I would not consider an EV that could not
do freeway speeds. You need to carefully consider your needs, so you can be
happy with a vehicle that meets them.

Today your options are:
1) a low speed EV (Zenn, Miles, Zap and others)
2) NMG Speedway-speed pod
3) A freeway speed V from the late 90's (Ford Ranger, Chevy S10EV,
RAV4-EV).
   These are $25K-$40K.
4) Tesla Roadster $100K
5) Conversions - Do it yourself, buy, or hire a conversion.

There are also electric scooters & bikes worth consideration.

Good Luck!

Regards,
Pat