[Oeva-list] Oeva-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 15

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 20:43:36 PDT 2008

Hello Randy

I have a couple left of the factory Chevrolet S-10 EV with NiMH batteries.
Depending on the vehicle they range from 18,000 to 24,000. They are good for
two  people or in a pinch  three close friends. Also very good for using as a
pick up. Top speed is regulated to 74 miles an hour. Range is  40 miles at
freeway speeds.

You can test drive one with no obligation. Before anyone buys a NEV I  highly
recommend you check out an EV that GM spent millions on  developing.

NiMH batteries handle the cold better and do not suffer being in a less  than
full charged state. The NiMH battery also has a much longer life. The  only
care is avoiding long or steep hills at freeway speeds..Steep  long hills where
you can not drop your speed are hard on all batteries.

Don

In a message dated 4/15/2008 9:50:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,