[Oeva-list] newbie questions

Janet Redhawk cyberdyke_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 12:17:35 PDT 2008

Howdy,

I just finished watching the DVD "convert-it!" and I'm
already to take the plunge but I have several
questions I'm hoping that you folks here can answer.

The car I'd like to convert is my '99 Jeep Wrangler,
the GVW= 2,018Kg, the curb weight= 1,388kg.

Now in the DVD Mr. Brown said that the didn't want to
use vehicles that weighed more than 2000lbs.

Question 1: since that was a 96 volt system, if I were
to use a 172 volt system would I get better results?

Question 2: With this vehicle and a 172 volt system
what results can I expect to get?

Question 3: Is it necessary to have a manual
transmission to do a conversion these days?

Question 4: Can I keep my 4wd system and actually be
able to use it with electric motor?

Ok now I know little about conversion so please help
me out with anything I may not have considered or may
have changed since that DVD was made.  Yes I'm going
to read the book as soon as it arrives in the mail!
:)

thanks again