[Oeva-list] New Guy Here & EV motorcycle build

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 21:29:11 PDT 2008

Holy Toledo Batman.the Toolman lands on another list I'm on!!!

Seriously, Dan, I'm glad to read you're here on the OEVA list introducing
yourself.

I've been with the OEVA since about 1993 now and it took me until what, 2003
(?) to convert The Reach to electric?

You jumped right in and in the past year have converted the once-jet-powered
"Don't Panic" to electric.and with a whacky hammerhead shark style lower
drive.very cool.

As for the Curtis and the 6.75" motor, they're a good start.  I used an
AC4002 6.75" ADC motor (60# and 6-8HP) and a 36v Curtis on The Reach before
convincing myself 6mo later that I wanted an ETEK (20# and 6-8HP) and a
24-48v Alltrax controller.  And these changes are so easy to do.  Try new
controllers.try new batteries.heck, make a hammerhead shark looking thingy
at the end of an outdrive.why not?

Motorcycles?  No hablo motorcycles.ask Damon if he's still on this list.or
others.

Seriously though, come  to the next OEVA meeting.

-Myles