[Oeva-list] Question on PFC 20 installation

Graunke, Gary gary.graunke at intel.com
Thu Aug 14 14:40:18 PDT 2008

I suspect it is the Blue 175A Anderson connector (same as on my PFC50).
The color is important!

The pins take 4 gauge wire on the 175A connector. This is plenty big for
charging (and I have spools of it if you need some).

Make sure that your charger is connected to the pack before the AC power
is turned on. The charger is not isolated.

I used to have two Kilovac contactors that engaged when AC power was
connected to the charger.  I would turn the charger off by the switch,
so the pack was connected when power was available, and before I turned
the switch. This would also isolate the pack from the charger when AC
power was off. My car uses two contactors between the batteries and the
motor controller, so the pack was isolated from the motor, DC-DC, etc
when not driving.

Gary