[Oeva-list] Gas Prices

bob at research13.com bob at research13.com
Mon Aug 18 15:17:45 PDT 2008

I think most would agree with me that the author's perception of a basket of goods and gas inflation are a bit off. Along with his inflation, I also think that unemployment is factored out (significantly with figures from Reagan on).

I have a similar feeling when I see articles that suggest food prices will increase with bio fuels. It's suggested to be causal that biofuels will cause food prices to rise. Does this mean that we won't mostly buy our produce from other nations anymore and it might improve our capital accounts and reduce our need to subsidize farmers too? I'll no longer have Brazillian Tomatos. That'd be weird.

I put my Economics degree to work on the Beavers problem and they are Herbivores, so one likely did not eat your brother's fish, unless it was a Frat Boy from OSU after a bad Civil War game. Or an MIT Beaver with no Oliver Smoot to roll.

I think that gas prices are an issue with most americans right now regardless what the author says. And I also believe that the 13% increase in Tri-Met Bus and Streetcar ridership may have something to do with the cost of driving a car and the record profits of oil companies. I also feel that we are financing our debt to foreigners, to buy oil and polluting the planet, even without the grandfathering in of PGE's Boardman coal plant.

I also note that voting for Perot or Nader can impact elections. If a population, say California, votes a protest vote, they could even get a Hummer Driving Terminator elected. And did.

Hasta la vista baby.

P.S. Please sign me up to help with a club e-car - has that conversation moved elsewhere?