[Oeva-list] FW: Who "keeps on killing" the electric car

Rick Barnes barnes.rick at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 14:12:36 PST 2008

From: Jim [mailto:l3enigma at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 10:55 AM
To: jstackeaa at yahoo.com; chris_b_jones at prodigy.net; ruediger.hild at gmx.de;
electrabishi at ak.net; info at calcars.org; mike.turner at emissionsfreecars.co;
ncsdca at att.net; Linda at pluginamerica.com; lakeport104 at yahoo.com;
craig.mueller at nwa.com; austinev-info at austinev.org; info2007 at sfeva.com; Fox
Valley Electric Auto Assoc. Ted Lowe President; billceaa at yahoo.com;
chicoeaa at sunset.net; jmartin at hotmail.com; info at evco.ca; William Kuehl;
stevenslough at comcast.net; goldie.ev1 at juno.com; info at veva.bc.ca;
shawn at suncoast.net; leo4marg at mac.com; will at becketts.ws;
tim.hastrup at surewest.net; bobrice at snet.net; historian at eaaev.org;
pagepaterson at mac.com; EV at schoollink.net; jburns at mail.sdsu.edu;
EAA-contact at excite.com; evoz at hotmail.com; jlbrecher at verizon.net;
PVEAA at comcast.com; easternev at aol.com; barkleyc at q.com; kent at saltflats.com;
johnjab at cox.net; tgarnercgarner at yahoo.com; teaa at rtpnet.org;
brooksdale at usa.net; eaa at maeaa.org; rsun at mchsi.com; tuckerb2 at adelphia.net;
JerryP819 at aol.com; d_kennington at bellsouth.net; barnes.rick at verizon.net
Subject: Who "keeps on killing" the electric car

Hello one and all,

I am or was the faculty adviser for your first EAA student chapter. A lot of
time and effort went into building a program and a chapter you could be
proud to support. That program is essentially no more, at least at San Diego
State University.

I forward the following link (
http://www.sdreader.com/php/cityshow.php?id=1763) without little comment -
except to say that the story is far worse in terms of University
malfeasance, than the article implies. I have been given proof that shows
that University officials conspired to steal email correspondence, lied to
DOE officials and the media, and began a deliberate 3 year effort to deny
basic resources to the SDSU student chapter members working on the
Challenge-X hybrid-electric vehicle development program in a deliberate
effort to assure falure. These were precious public resources devoted to
creating tomorrow's EV leaders that were squandered.

As Edmund Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for
good men to do nothing."

I invite your assistance in creating a response to the "evil" represented by
out-of-control authoratarianism and petty-mindedness masquerading as public
leadership. These are the smaller battles that erode our ability to bring a
clean, efficient, electric-drive future and its prosperity to our children.

Won't you please help?

Sincerely,

James S. Burns, Ph.D.

  _____