[Oeva-list] Spark Ev Company

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:53:08 PST 2008

Hi Shayde,

The Zoyte does look promising.  If you want to buy a new factory made EV, I
would only buy one that has an Oregon distributor, like Eco-motion or MCEV.
These guys are experts in EVs and will be able to tell if they are hyped
crap or a real solution, plus you will have somewhere that it can be
serviced when things go wrong (eventually all cars need some servicing).

If these are everything that they promise, both of these guys will be
selling them.

If you don't want to do your own conversion, another option is to look into
getting a Chevy S10EV or a Ford Ranger EV.  These are coming out of their
fleet service life and available for individual purchase.  They cost $24K -
$28K.  I got an S10EV last Feb and I have been very happy with it.  Many of
these were NOT properly cared for, so you need to have it checked out.

Good Luck!!
-Pat