[Oeva-list] average length of trip in car?

Jeff Kim jeff.shorepower at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:49:48 PST 2008

Ron,
Here are some statistics from US DOT.  They are from 2001, so they are
probably slightly higher now, but according to the chart, all
*average*trips are under 30 miles except for vacation.  You may be
able to find more
updated information on this site.  In any case, it looks like most travel
could be completed in a "limited range" EV, assuming charging infrastructure
exists at all locations.

--
Jeff Kim
Chief Operating Officer