[Oeva-list] EV suspenssion

Micheal Drewry glassphotoart at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 14:27:33 PST 2008

Well, I DID IT.  My electric Saturn took its first road trip on Sunday.  Wow, what a project.  But everything worked quite well.  A few minor things to resolve (like what did I do to the speedometer cable?) Plus getting used to driving one of these.

  The big thing I have left is the suspension.  Now that it is off the jack stands for the first time in a year, the rear with 8 8V batteries is riding about 2" lower than before. And the front with the other 7 is about 1.5" lower.  I figure that I've added about 550 lbs to the rear and about 350 to the front (after loosing the ICE).

  Any suggestions and what I need to do?  I've tried talking to normal tire places about solutions and they look at me like I'm crazy.

  Mike Drewry
  1993 Saturn SL2 Conversion
  http://glassphoto.googlepages.com/micheal'sfutureev

  http://www.evalbum.com/1371