[Oeva-list] FW: Batteries for Electric Cars

OEVA Treasurer oeva_treas at verizon.net
Thu Jan 24 06:51:51 PST 2008

From: John Gabel [mailto:john_gabel at msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:39 AM
To: barnes.rick at verizon.net
Subject: Batteries for Electric Cars

Dear Rick,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is John Gabel, I am a business
owner in Beaverton, Oregon.

I am associated with CITIC GUOAN Mengguli Corporation (MGL) A Chinese
Company Located in Beijing Zhongguancun Science Park. Currently the largest
Lithium Ion battery producer in China.

Their LiMn2O4 based lithium-ion battery they produce not only has high
safety records but also stable electrochemical performance after long
cycling, and their electric bus powered by 108 battery packs (400 Ah each)
has covered a trial driving range of over 10 thousand kilometers. Due to its
superior performance, this battery system has been recently designated as
the only power system supplier for 2008 Olympics electric buses.

To make a long story short, MGL is looking to enter the US market with their
batteries for cars. Would you be willing to give me some leads to define
this market better?

Thank you for your time,

Best Regards,

John Gabel