[Oeva-list] EV suspenssion

Micheal Drewry glassphotoart at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 06:21:48 PST 2008

Thanks Mark.  I gave Oregon Auto Spring a call, but they only handle leaf springs.  They did point me to Curran Coil in Willsonville that can make new ones for me.  They are a bit spendy ($350-$500 a pair) so I'm still looking around for other options before I take that path.

  Mike

"Mark A." <sitdownbike at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Try Oregon Auto Spring Service
920 SE Stark
503-234-9611

Regards,
Mark

--- Micheal Drewry wrote:

> Well, I DID IT. My electric Saturn took its first
> road trip on Sunday. Wow, what a project. But
> everything worked quite well. A few minor things to
> resolve (like what did I do to the speedometer
> cable?) Plus getting used to driving one of these.
>
> The big thing I have left is the suspension. Now
> that it is off the jack stands for the first time in
> a year, the rear with 8 8V batteries is riding about
> 2" lower than before. And the front with the other 7
> is about 1.5" lower. I figure that I've added about
> 550 lbs to the rear and about 350 to the front
> (after loosing the ICE).
>
> Any suggestions and what I need to do? I've tried
> talking to normal tire places about solutions and
> they look at me like I'm crazy.
>
> Mike Drewry
> 1993 Saturn SL2 Conversion
>
> http://glassphoto.googlepages.com/micheal'sfutureev