[Oeva-list] Subject: Re: Charging Subgroup: Britain has plans for 1, 000 charging stations by

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 11:37:20 PDT 2008

I would gladly pay to support a plug in network.

The problem we have though is worse. We have no agreement on what type  of
plug. It is the only reason we do not have 240 for the general public at West
Hills Carstar. I have 120 volt 20 amp there open 24/7 if you have  an extension
cord. For 240 still only the Avcon & Magne Chargers but they  are open 24/7.
Right now the way most of you could use the Avcon is to buy this  adapter
_http://www.eaaev.org/eaamerchandise.html_
(http://www.eaaev.org/eaamerchandise.html)  scroll  down to the lower part of the page.

This is the problem.  I wanted to install a plug like in front of PGE  in
downtown Portland but it is not in code anymore. We are going to  have this same
issue any where else as well. We may find friendly businesses  that will
install a charging location. No one is going to install a non approved  plug. I am
really frustrated I can not install a plug that will work for others  when we
are closed. If anyone comes by during the day we can pull the vehicle  into
the building.

I have sent this to Tom Dowling. For those of you who do not know Tom. Tom
is the reason they still have a charging network in California and beyond.

Tom this is the OEVA charging group. Do you know if we are getting any
closer to having a plug for 240 EV charging?

Thank you
Don Blazer

In a message dated 6/24/2008 5:36:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,