[Oeva-list] DC - DC converter

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 11:28:21 PDT 2008

Hi Phil,

  There is no standard wiring color code for converters.  Since you got this off Ebay, does the prior owner know anything about the wiring diagram?
  I'm also a bit concerned that the DC-DC converter is not isolated.  That is, the 12V side and the 30-60V side have a common ground.  It's generally best to have your 12V and traction pack voltages isolated for safety reasons.
  This looks like the same converter as the one here:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum-topic/accessories/758-dc-dc-converter-20-60v-12v-10a-out-review

This link says that "Yellow wire is output, Black ground, and red input."

Perhaps you could contact him for more information.

Cheers,
Tim Kutscha
OEVA Chair