[Oeva-list] Insurance for home-built?

Jon Youngblood jony at scootonthis.com
Mon Jul 14 13:52:25 PDT 2008

David,

I hate to have to be the one to put this to you, but...

If you stay under 24mph you don't need insurance.  If you plan to drive in with the steel dinosaurs, you are probably out of luck.  There are so many reasons, most of them good ones, for insurance companies and DMV and ODOT to not want people to start building their own high speed vehicles to play in traffic.  If you have the smarts to build your own vehicle, you should, grudgingly, understand why they will never let you put a home made car on the road.  Unless you plan on going into production in which case you get insurance for the manufacture of the car, and with that in hand, go and get you personal policy.

Good Luck,

Jon Youngblood - Member/Manager
www.scootonthis.com
jony at scootonthis.com
1-866-553-2778
Fax: 503-774-4252

The earth is our home.  It may also be a rest stop for guests, so other governments gradually disclose.  It makes you wonder how they fair(ed) with such ideological and sociological adaptations as face us?  Are we worse, better, or just average?  Life is a man's contest no matter where you come from.

  _____