[Oeva-list] Insurance for home-built?

Curt cje at hevanet.com
Mon Jul 14 14:52:57 PDT 2008

You can certainly license a homebuilt motorcycle. Biker guys do it all the time -- buy the frame from Jireh, the engine from S&S, and so forth. I think the title has "asmbl" or something like that in the "make" box. Stands for "assembled". I know they can get insurance because they drive the things around. Where they get it I have no idea, and insurance companies are likely to want to avoid really exotic vehicles I would think.

Travis, you're building an electric motorcycle.. have you talked to any insurance companies yet?

Curt (lurkin')