[Oeva-list] OT: Real or Scam? Electricity Saver

Drew Lundsten drewlundsten at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:54:21 PDT 2008

Dollar- and eco-conscious consumers should indeed care about their power
factor. If your power factor is so poor (due to these inductive loads) that
you need to add back capacitance with this device to lower your charges for
peak demand, I guess there's some truth in this advertisement, and there
does appear to be a "money-back guarantee". However I bet PGE et al have a
whole department of customer service reps who will tell you where to find
capacitors to add to your line for a lot less than $300 (plus installation),
and they'll want you to do it too, to help linearize their load. They should
also tell you whether you'll save any money in your utility bill... and
maybe find other ways you can "optimize" while keeping the work local.

Enjoy,

Drew