[Oeva-list] conversion question?

Tony McCormick tony at notebene.net
Wed Jul 16 10:57:09 PDT 2008

You should reply to the list for this thread.  You replied just to me.

AC systems from from Metric Mind are reasonably priced but need 240Volts
or more work of batteries to get decent range an performance.  At about
$249 per battery for 12V Optima's (for example) that's $5000,
The motor kits (very compete) are somewhere between $5-10K depending on
the motor size.   You are going to be closer to 20K for what you want in
AC.  50 miles is optimistic without NiMH or Lithium which are both a lot
more expensive.  Is that your one way trip?  If this is a work/commute
can you charge at work or nearby?

--Tony

--
Tony McCormick