[Oeva-list] New controller manufacturer

David Boyd david at synkromotive.com
Wed Jul 16 18:15:21 PDT 2008

Greetings OEVA members,
Myself and Ives Meadors are a Portland based company called
SYNKROmotive, LLC developing the DC series motor controller Tony
McCormick is talking about. We have been 'flying under the radar' for
the last 2 years working in NW Portland, and have just filed our
provisional patents, so we can now talk about our products. We have a
156V 600+A (hot rating @ 80C, and de-rated at that) DC motor
controller that's nearing production in late August. We are in the
final stages of testing, and are about to start a 'Beta' run of 10
controllers for public testing. Our controller is fully programmable,
completely silent (24KHz operation), can be programmed from any USB
equipped Windows computer (more OS types on the way...) and has quite
a few features to make vehicle integration easier for the end user.
It will be followed in the next 3 months by a complete battery
charging, balancing and monitoring system that will communicate with
the controller and a 'smart dash' LCD for system information display.
Again, many nice user enhancements will be implemented.

We are looking for 10 people with EV's that would be interested in
taking part in our Beta Program beginning in August. We will be
offering these first 10 Beta users our DC controller for a wholesale
price in exchange for data logging and product feedback so we can
make any additional improvements or enhancements prior to our full
production release. This would be for a period of about a month, and
we would like users that drive their vehicles regularly or are
actively working on a conversion that will be soon completed. At the
end of the program, we will exchange the Beta controller for a
production unit at no additional cost. If for any reason you are not
satisfied with the product, we will gladly return your money.

So if your Curtis just isn't cutting it, or if you'd like to add
battery capacity or acceleration to you vehicle, and would like more
information about our company, our controller and other products in
development, please email me offline and I'll send additional info
and specifics. If you are in the Portland area and would like to come
by our shop, please let me know in advance, and we would be happy to
meet you!

Thanks!
David Boyd
President, Business Development