[Oeva-list] GM Teams with Dozens of Utilities for Plug-In Car Charging Stations

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 21:48:16 PDT 2008

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121669299205472651.html

General Motors Corp. is collaborating with some of the biggest names in the
> power utilities sector, spanning 40 states including: American Electric
> Power Co., Austin Energy, Consolidated Edison Inc., Dominion Resources Inc.,
> Duke Energy Corp., DTE Energy Co., Edison International, New York Power
> Authority, PG&E Corp., Progress Energy Inc. and Public Service Enterprise
> Group Inc., to name a few.

Anyone know if PGE is on this list (since they didn't list them all)?

It does not sound like these are V2G systems but they do have intelligent
controls allow them to be turned off at peak times. It also sounds like the
utilities might get some carbon credits for offsetting gasoline pollution.
Which means we should all be able to get credits for charging in our garage.

Regards,
Pat
Sunlight will never cost $4/gallon