[Oeva-list] Gizmo for sale...

Travis Raybold travis at raybold.com
Mon Jul 28 12:12:31 PDT 2008

I bought this little guy a couple of years ago, fixed up the wiring and all
to get it to run properly, and have very much enjoyed it.

The family additions of a toddler, puppy, and a newborn on the way have left
me without the requisite time to fiddle with it though, so I'm afraid I'm
going to have to give up on EVs for the time being.

It runs great, has the normal wear and tear, but looks pretty good. I'll get
some pictures of it in the next day or so. It needs a new button for the
horn, and I have individual analog voltmeters for each batter that I haven't
had the chance to hook up yet. This is the chain drive version, so it does
have some chain noise.

It is currently set up with 4x12v Trojan T-1275's, but I have the extra
wiring for it to use 6 8v batteries as well. It has the Zivan charger, but
it started being unreliable, so I got a slower 48v charger as well, and have
both of them.

This is the most fun electric car I've ridden in, even if it does top out at
40mph. The removable cloth fairing is great, it feels like you are riding
around in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down. It does require tinkering, as
just about any electric car these days does.

--Travis