[Oeva-list] Request from matt pettigrew

Jeff Kim jeff.shorepower at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:34:54 PDT 2008

Hi Matt,
I think it's great that the library has a charging station.  The main issue
with it is that it uses an Avcon connector which very few vehicles can use.
There is an adapter available but not many people have the adapter either.
Last time I was at the library I noticed that there is at least one standard
outlet in the garage.  Most "neighborhood electric vehicles" NEVs and other
smaller vehicles such as the ZAP use standard 120VAC outlets. Signs could be
added to these outlets to let EV drivers know they are available
for charging.

You could also add one of the charging stations our company manufacturers,
that was produced for the PGE program.  They have a very high visual
impact.  It is shown in the following links.

 '*Charging stations*' crop up as electric cars enter mainstream
*...*<http://www.katu.com/news/local/29632349.html>
KATU - Video - September 23, 2008

Free plug-in *stations* open for electric cars | Business | kgw.com
*...*<http://www.kgw.com/business/stories/kgw_092208_business_electric_cars.9f708953.html>
KGW - Video - September 22, 2008

In general, I think adding signs indicating plug-in vehicle charging is
allowed will help with public awareness.  Maybe even put some out in front
of the building.  ODOT recently developed the attached charging station
sign.  I'll copy them on this email to see how businesses and other entities
can get these signs.

Jeff Kim
Chief Operating Officer
Shorepower Technologies