[Oeva-list] San Fran Preping for Plug-ins

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 22:53:40 PDT 2008

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/san-francisco-to-boost-small-wind-1141.html

San Francisco also plans to equip the parking meters with plugs to deliver
free power to plug-in hybrids once they're commercially available, Newsom
said.

The city is working on several ways to become the most fertile market for
plug-in hybrids, which some companies, including General Motors, plan to
bring to the market in 2010, said Wade Crowfoot, director of
climate-protection initiatives for San Francisco.

"We're trying to become the first city or region in America to do this,"
Newsom said, adding that he would love to get to the top of Project Better
Place's list. "We're desperately seeking their attention."
Pat
Sunlight will never cost $4/gallon