[Oeva-list] marine batteries for EVs..

Nev Okyay nevokyay at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 09:39:20 PDT 2008

In the case of car batteries (lead-acid type), if
they are discharged closer to zero percent level, it
is not possible to bring them back to life and they
would have to be thrown away.  If true, this would
explain the reluctance of most people not willing
to go less then 60-70% discharge level.

A reliable source told me that in the case of marine
batteries, it is possible to go down to zero percent
level and bring the battery back to life up to 20
(twenty times).  I think this feature would make
them better choice for EV conversions.

I haven't talked to anybody in the club using this
type of battery.  Does anybody have any experience
with marine batteries?

thanks,
-nev