[Oeva-list] MOTOR SIZING

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 08:25:00 PDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

   There's an article on motor sizing on the OEVA website here:

http://www.oeva.org/resources/motors/

I'm curious where the Chinese get the sizing of 6.5kw and 48vdc.  For a small 1-2 person
neighborhood electric vehicle, this would probably work, but for a freeway capable,
crash-safe car, I believe you need a lot more voltage and motor to handle the extra
weight and speed.

This may be a cultural difference where the Chinese are replacing
a bicycle or scooter with an electric car instead of trying to replace a typical American
car with an electric one.

Cheers,
Tim
OEVA Chair