[Oeva-list] Administrivia: Message size query

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Oct 28 01:02:54 PDT 2008

I little bit of administrivia: I've been letting a few larger messages
through that seemed relevant, but the biofuel film message was
borderline.  I went ahead and allowed it because most of the relevant
information was actually in the image, though it's uncertain if any of
us would actually be able to attend.  These sorts of things are usually
more flexible than they let on though.

Anyway, I thought I'd get some guidance from the group on message size;
the list default is 40k, this particular message was 200k.  I'm inclined
to put 100k as the list setting given modern realities.  Anything bigger
should still be sent as a link to the web site instead in most cases,
IMHO, but would like to see what people think...