[Oeva-list] Administrivia: Message size query

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:11:07 PDT 2008

gmail accounts are free and current have 7.2GB of storage (and growing). I'd
like to see the size bumped up to 1MB for messages. The days of 2400 BUAD
modem are long past. Let people convey their message in whatever form they
see best.  I'd prefer to just see the message, rather than a link.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Alan Batie <alan at batie.org> wrote:

> I little bit of administrivia: I've been letting a few larger messages
> through that seemed relevant, but the biofuel film message was borderline.
>  I went ahead and allowed it because most of the relevant information was
> actually in the image, though it's uncertain if any of us would actually be
> able to attend.  These sorts of things are usually more flexible than they
> let on though.
>
> Anyway, I thought I'd get some guidance from the group on message size; the
> list default is 40k, this particular message was 200k.  I'm inclined to put
> 100k as the list setting given modern realities.  Anything bigger should
> still be sent as a link to the web site instead in most cases, IMHO, but
> would like to see what people think...

Pat
If it is going to take a war to get the US out of this depression, shouldn't
we pick the right fight?
WAR ON WARMING