[Oeva-list] FW: 2008 AFV Day Odyssey

Rick Durst Rick.Durst at pgn.com
Tue Sep 9 15:57:24 PDT 2008

 I was asked to forward this information to the group, in hopes that some members in the EV club might be willing to have some electric vehicles at the event.  I think Paul was the event coordinator, so If that is the case, Paul, could you see about coordinating people to attend this event from OEVA?

Rick Durst
503-464-7631

>>> Stan Sumich <Stanley.Sumich at pcc.edu> 9/5/2008 10:15 AM >>>
As you may know, Portland Community College (PCC) is one of several locations throughout the nation that is hosting the ³2008 National AFV Day Odyssey² on from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM on Friday, October 3, 2008.  We are extremely excited about having the opportunity to host this event along with the sponsorship of Oregon Department of Energy and Columbia-Willamette Clean Cities Coalition, Inc.

Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFVs) are still a well kept secret despite the growing number of manufacturers who produce these vehicles for the consumer market, and despite governmental incentives for using AFVs in fleets for industry, businesses, and other commercial enterprises.

PCC, as a member of the National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC), wants to spread the exciting news that AFVs are a positive transportation choice for fleets, as well as the individual consumer.

We also want to bring together others in the AFV field to help build collaborations, focus attention on the good work they are providing, and be a springboard for further dialogue for the AFV cause.

We are seeking out those who are committed to alternative fuels and AFVs, cleaner air, and energy independence to participate in this event on a local level.  More importantly, we hope the synergy of our partnerships will add excitement (as well as expertise and support) to make this one-day event a dazzling display of how powerful the choice to use AFVs can be.

As such, to be successful, we need everyone¹s support.  Together, we can let decision makers, fleet owners, automotive workforce, and consumers alike, experience the excitement about Alternative Fuel Vehicles, and:

         ·  See the trends
         ·  Find the options
         ·  Meet the movers
         ·  Explore ownership opportunities
         ·  Discover AFV training and employment possibilities

To meet these criteria, I am attempting to determine if your organization can provide Alternative Fuel vehicles, or related equipment, products and/or brochures to be displayed at PCC during the ³2008 National AFV Day Odyssey².
Additionally, I would like to know if you or your staff would be interested in making a short presentation (approximately 30 - 45 minutes) regarding Alternative Fuel Vehicles or related equipment and products.

Due to the very short time frame between now and October 3rd, I need to know by no later than Thursday, September 11th if you are interested in
participating.   I look forward to discussing with you, any specific
needs
your organization may have for participating in this event.

Please don¹t hesitate to contact me at (503) 518-3083 or by email at stanley.sumich at pcc.edu if you have any questions.

Stan Sumich, Coordinator