[Oeva-list] Electric Evolution

Richard Turnock richardturnock at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 20:05:23 PDT 2008

I read the article about Better Place getting Israel and Denmark to sign-up
to have electric car network of charging stations and battery quick-change
stations. Then I saw an article about a Ford executive going around
promoting their new, more efficient combustion engine.

What a contrast!

Like trying to make a better buggy whip when the combustion engine was
taking over.

This time it's a business model by Better Place based on selling electricity
like cell phone minutes using charging stations and battery exchange
stations.  The key strategic element is the software network to manage the
information about the electricity usage.

Ford is living in the industrial age and Better Place is living in the
information age.

Take Care

Richard