[Oeva-list] My next car must plug in!

Nick Galaday nickgaladay at msn.com
Fri Sep 19 14:50:38 PDT 2008

Here's a way I'm keeping the pressure on.  I went to the national websites
of Chevy, Toyota, etc. and filled out the ubiquitous "interest card"
stipulating that I was in the market for a car that plugs in.  Naturally,
they ignored that part and sent my contact info out to all of their dealers
within 50 miles of Portland!  So now I'm getting no end of email responses
from dealership "Online Sales Managers" offering to help me.  This gives me
an opportunity to send them a reply all about how I'm still driving an 18
year old Toyota and I'm waiting for just the right plug-in to come along,
like the electric S-10 or RAV-4 my California friend had a few years back...

I'm also writing Costco, Fred Meyers, Safeway, etc., asking if they have "a
place I can plug in to recharge when I shop there; my nearest shopping is 35
miles away".

Perhaps if enough people express these sentiments word might eventually get
back to Detroit, etc.

Nick Galaday
Vernonia, OR

___Energy Conservation