[Oeva-list] Oregon's new AFTERMARKET bill

John Benson jrab at e-m-w.com
Wed Feb 11 09:33:10 PST 2009

I'm not sure what the problem is really either?

  (d) Restrictions and prohibitions on the sale and distribution
of after-market motor vehicle parts, including but not limited to
tires, if alternatives are available that decrease greenhouse gas
emissions from motor vehicles;

That's all is says about aftermarket.

Sounds like a good thing. If there are alternatives, aftermarkets need
to provide them. Does Les Schwab sell LRR tires as a first choice? Not
generally. Sorta like saying pharmacies need to sell generics. Well,
yeah, except the generics are the fuel efficient options. Most of the
time, autoparts stores don't sell Jack that's fuel efficient, except
for garbage "magic solutions" and fuel additives. Nothing in this
about having to sell GM products or non-aftermarket products as far as
I read it, but I'm not a lawyer. Potentially, that means maybe
autoparts stores would have to sell Zilla's (if they were manufactured
again)? Yahoo!

JRAB