[Oeva-list] Oregon's new AFTERMARKET bill

D@nil0 Danilo_Reyes at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:23:58 PST 2009

I disagree,

What do you mean that aftermarket do not sell Jack that is fuel efficient?

OEM cars have restrictions that are there just because they need to satisfy a wide variety of customers. Example of this is noise levels and ride quality (from tires, exhaust, air intake etc)

Some customers are willing to sacrifice some of that comfort for practicability. Most would do it themselves and some of us already do it.

The car would improve a few miles per gallon if you install a good brand intake and exhaust. There are a few other modifications you can do in addition to that, and there are a few cars that the improvement would be much better than others.

For another example, do you know that it is illegal to modify a car to E85? without entering in a debate if it is green or not, the way the law stands now, it is not legal. I would love to be able to have a renewable fuel and not having to pay the other countries as much as we do now while at the same time reducing the carbon footprint. (Not counting the extra horsepower I will have.)

Well I guess everyone have their own opinions.

For me, this regulation will do more harm than good.

DR