[Oeva-list] Oregon's new AFTERMARKET bill

cje at hevanet.com cje at hevanet.com
Wed Feb 11 14:58:02 PST 2009

My two cents.. it's a crummy idea to have mileage or "greenness" be the
only kind of upgrade car parts can be allowed to have.. heck, putting a
trailer hitch on your truck makes it heavier and reduces your mileage.
Would trailer hitches be illegal?

Curt
Lurkin'

> I disagree,
>

> What do you mean that aftermarket do not sell Jack that is fuel
> efficient?
>
> OEM cars have restrictions that are there just because they need to
> satisfy a wide variety of customers. Example of this is noise levels
and
> ride quality (from tires, exhaust, air intake etc)
>
> Some customers are willing to sacrifice some of that comfort for
> practicability. Most would do it themselves and some of us already do
> it.
>

> The car would improve a few miles per gallon if you install a good
brand
> intake and exhaust. There are a few other modifications you can do in
> addition to that, and there are a few cars that the improvement would
be
> much better than others.
>

> For another example, do you know that it is illegal to modify a car to
> E85? without entering in a debate if it is green or not, the way the
law
> stands now, it is not legal. I would love to be able to have a
renewable
> fuel and not having to pay the other countries as much as we do now
> while at the same time reducing the carbon footprint. (Not counting
the
> extra horsepower I will have.)
>

> Well I guess everyone have their own opinions.
>
> For me, this regulation will do more harm than good.
>

> DR

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measures/hb2100.dir/hb2186.intro.htm
l>