[Oeva-list] Oregon's new AFTERMARKET bill

garry painter garry at europa.com
Thu Feb 12 06:24:55 PST 2009

.."However, I believe most of the world doesn't care at all"...  Bob

More often than not, it looks that way.

I was down in Alabama a few years ago and noticed there were no
sidewalks, no crosswalks, no pedestrian signals at traffic lights.
I asked my sister, "Why don't they have sidewalks here?"
She said it was because no one walks anywhere.
They all drive.

About a year ago, my nephew in Texas sent out a family wide email
that sounded a bit frantic.
It was about the necessity to become self sustaining.
In the email, he listed off nearly everything we take for granted, as
things we had to do. (recycling, mass transit, bike paths, efficient
vehicles, etc, etc.)
I thought he was a bit nuts.
Why was he telling everyone that we need to do all that, when we are
already doing all that?
Then it hits you; "He ain't from around these parts"

Maybe this new law is aimed at the buying habits of recent immigrants
to Oregon, who may not understand how we think here.

"Bad Timmy! No you may not put a dual quad manifold with 1500 cfm
carburetors on your new Prius!"