[Oeva-list] PFC 20 charger configuration question

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri Feb 13 13:34:45 PST 2009

I set mine for just a bit more than the usual charging time. If your
batteries go into thermal runaway, the voltage will drop and it will not
shut off or cut back the current (constant voltage mode).

So set the timer for the max time of charge you would expect, set the
switches so it counts from the beginning of charge (not CV time).

Of course, you really don't need it most of the time--but it can be
useful as a backup shut-off when things aren't going right.

Gary