[Oeva-list] I was looking at new EVs being developed and I was drawn toward this...

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 08:40:11 PST 2009

Hi Sean,

  It looks like the energy density for the Vanadium Redox battery isn't that great, perhaps causing some issues for EVs that are weight and space sensitive.  I've recently been researching lithium-ion batteries and ran into these sobering articles about the lack of lithium supply for a world of electric vehicles.  The .PDF paper discusses a possible future with zinc-air batteries.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/01/30/beyond-peak-oil-are-we-facing-peak-lithium/
http://tyler.blogware.com/lithium_shortage.pdf

Cheers,
Tim