[Oeva-list] Earth Day presenter wanted in Lincoln City

Joanne Daschel jdaschel at embarqmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:51:03 PST 2009

Hello OEVA members,
I am a mostly-silent member of this list who owns an EV but is not so knowledgeable on the nuts and bolts as many of you.

I was just informed that there will be an Earth Day event (actually April 18 since that's the closest Saturday) in our town, with the theme this year on "alternative transportation."  This event is held annually, sponsored by the city and several agencies like the watershed improvement council.  One year we had a fellow speak on biodiesel from Green Eye Autos in Eugene, who was very interesting... but no one talked about EVs!  This year we volunteered to bring our 1980 Electravan, but they are still looking for a presenter on electric vehicles, and might offer space for an informational display.

If any of you have a presentation you would be willing to do for this event, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the organizers for more specific information.

Thanks in advance,
Joanne Daschel
Lincoln City OR
jdaschel at embarqmail.com