[Oeva-list] Legislative proposals

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 01:19:31 PST 2009

Philip

I read all of your proposal below. I agree there is a huge problem with  lack
of quality control from China manufacturers. The answer is already  here and
there is no need to import.

Why not just recycle all the failing ICE vehicles into EVs. Then you do not
have to contend with trying to change the existing Federal laws limiting
speeds on NEV's. You also would have vehicles that have been crash tested and
already built with safety features.

This would have many positive ramifications you brought up plus using an
existing resource that is currently being wasted..

There are so many extra ICE vehicles not being used. You  can search
Craigslist and find what seems to be an endless amount. It  is really astounding if
you start counting how many are sitting in driveways or  yards. You can see they
obviously have not been moved in months. Many of these  vehicles have
expensive  ICE related repairs that the  owners do not want to invest their money in.

The 240 volt plug that is coming soon would open the door for a world of
change.  Employing people here would help our economy and reduce the miles
driven by ICE vehicles.

As the demand increases the cost for the parts would go down.  Quality of the
conversions would rapidly escalate and prices would drop  even further. It
would not take long before the popular vehicles for conversions  started being
sold. I would not be surprised to see companies like Napa or  CarQuest selling
Edelbrock EV conversion kits.

How could government help make this happen? Access to electric is an
absolute must. Tax credits for conversions would help. Rebates from the energy  trust
or lottery funds would go a long way as well.

Don

In a message dated 1/3/2009 9:04:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,