[Oeva-list] Legislative proposals

garry painter garry at europa.com
Sun Jan 4 09:22:40 PST 2009

> I'm not sure there's anything Oregon can do about the 30mph speed
> limit
> issue. Isn't that a federal rule?
>
> Curt

Well, it isn't like Oregon doesn't have a reputation for breaking
Federal laws when deemed necessary.

See: Physician assisted suicide and Medical marijuana.

I like Mr. Kollas's idea of having cars built in Oregon.
I was rolling that around in my own head after I heard of the big 3's
imminent demise. I thought that most every state should have their
own car manufacturers.
I wouldn't necessarily start out with everyone making the entire
vehicle.
I would use the Tesla model, and use a chassis built by a company
already set up for such a task.
Preferably a Body-on-frame design rather than a unibody/monocoque base.
Detroit has the infrastructure for such a task and could supply
chassis for car manufacturers much more cheaply.
I imagine the startup cost's would be enormous.

Garry