[Oeva-list] Offer of Chevy S-10 donor vehicle for EV

Jeff Kim jeff.shorepower at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:08:37 PST 2009

That's a nice offer by Mr. Jacob.  How about if Mr. Jacob donates the
vehicle to OEVA, then someone gives OEVA a donation (unofficially) in
exchange for a the vehicle.  I say unofficially because OEVA may have
to have a dealer's license to resell vehicles.  In any case, this way Mr.
Jacob could get a deduction for the donation.  This would be beneficial for
OEVA, the person that gets the vehicle and Mr. Jacob.  We should check with
a tax consultant to verify how this could work.  Anyone have any expertise
on this?

Jeff Kim
President & Chief Operating Officer
Shorepower Technologies