[Oeva-list] Hillsboro Press release

Jim Blaisdell blaze at chargenw.com
Wed Jul 1 12:21:43 PDT 2009

HILLSBORO, OREGON ANNOUNCES PLANS TO ROLLOUT COULOMB TECHNOLOGIES
CHARGEPOINT CHARGING STATION INFRASTRUCTURE FOR PLUG-IN VEHICLES

Oregon’s 5th Largest City Gets Plugged-in With 16 Charging Stations
For Electric Vehicles in Downtown

HILLSBORO, Ore. July 1, 2009 – Coulomb Technologies, the leader in
charging station infrastructure, today announced that the City of
Hillsboro is the first in the State of Oregon to announce plans to
deploy ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations for plug-in and
electric vehicles.  The 16 charging stations will be installed in
downtown Hillsboro including their new “green” intermodal transit
facility to be built in 2009.  The charging stations, available for
public use, are part of the city’s large-scale sustainability and
green movement, designed to showcase conservation, environmentalism
and eco-friendly design.  Long known as the “Silicon Forest,” for its
high-tech roots, Hillsboro is located 15 miles outside of Portland
and is the home to more than 90,000 residents.

“Our city  is progressive and aggressive in implementing sustainable
solutions to environmental and economic challenges,” said David
Robinson, director of Facilities and Fleet, City of Hillsboro.  “We
have a large forward-thinking population ready to embrace electric
vehicle technology and the City is committed to providing the
facilities to meet the public’s demand.  . These charging stations
will be conveniently located in the heart of downtown, only one block
from our train station, one block from our hospital and a short walk
from Pacific University. We selected Coulomb’s charging stations
because of the integrated advanced technology features; Coulomb is
the only company we have found that has examined every facet of EV
charging technology and developed the comprehensive solution. We are
proud to be the first in the state to showcase this advanced
technology; we hope other cities will follow and help us make Oregon
the national leader in EV technology delivery.”

Coulomb Technologies has developed the charging stations for
municipalities, utilities, green office buildings and parking garages
to allow consumers to charge their electric vehicles wherever they
live, work and shop.  Consumers subscribe to the ChargePointSM
Network and receive a ChargePoint Smart Card that allows them to
charge their car at any charging station worldwide.    The
ChargePoint Network enabled charging stations provide:
·       A revenue stream to pay for electricity, capital equipment
and maintenance
·       The ability for drivers to find unoccupied charging stations
via web-enabled cell phones
·       Notification by SMS Text or email when charging is complete
·       Authenticated access to eliminate energy theft
·       Authorized energizing for safety
·       Remote monitoring and diagnostics for superior quality of
service
·       Smart Grid integration for utility load management with
future V2G capabilities

To locate available charging stations, visit www.mychargepoint.net
and click “Find Stations”.  Coulomb’s charging stations were sold to
the City of Hillsboro through their Northwest distributor Charge
Northwest  http://www.chargenw.com/.

“The City of Hillsboro has long been known for their deep roots in
technology and environmentalism,” said Richard Lowenthal CEO of
Coulomb Technologies.  “The selection of Coulomb’s networked charging
stations will give the city new bragging rights when it comes to
advanced infrastructure.”

About Coulomb Technologies, Inc.
Coulomb Technologies headquartered in Campbell, Calif., offers a
family of products and services that provide a plug-in vehicle
charging infrastructure, which includes ChargePoint Networked
Charging Stations ranging in capability from 120V 15A to 240V 80A AC
charging to future 120kW DC charging.  Coulomb applies networking
technology to the challenge of charging electric vehicles and plug-in
hybrids in order to fuel the electric transportation industry.
Coulomb’s ChargePoint Network (http://www.mychargepoint.net )
addresses the needs of drivers, utilities, governments, and parking
space owners. For more information, please visit http://
www.coulombtech.com.  Follow Coulomb on Twitter at twitter.com/
coulombevi.

Media Contact