[Oeva-list] EV Awarness Day this Saturday!!

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 16:52:56 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

Charge up your electric vehicles and get ready for EV Awareness Day this coming weekend!

There's been a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes to make this event happen.
Mayor Adams will be there along with PGE, Pacific Power and host of other sponsors.
Please show your support by letting all your friends and co-workers know.

I look forward to seeing you all at the monthly meeting tomorrow and the big EVent Saturday!

Cheers,
Tim
OEVA Chair

Here's the information that Patrick (thanks Pat for all your hard work!) sent out last month:

Get your EVs/PHEVs ready for our big annual event! The OEVA's big event each year is EV Awareness Day.

This
year (like last year) we will be at Pioneer Courthouse Square in
downtown Portland. This is a great location
since a lot of people
walking through that are curious about the event.

It is on July 11th, from 9:30 AM till 5 PM.

If you
have a plug-in vehicle, you are invited to bring it and display it for
the public. EV or PHEV; two, three, or four wheels; freeway speed or
low-speed; boat or airplane all are welcome. OK, maybe we won't have
room for a plane, but if you have an electric plane, let me know and
I'll see if I can make room.

The only restriction is that it must be propelled by plug-in energy. You can get more information about the event here and here.

Where:
       Pioneer Courthouse Square
       715 SW Morrison St # 702
       Portland, OR 97205

When:
       9:30 AM - 5 PM

Get Directions

There will be pre-event breakfast gatherings (one on the east-side Portland
and one on west-side Portland) on the morning of Awareness Day. William Norris-York
will be coordinating the west-side gathering and Timothy Beltz the
east-side gathering. Details will be coming out soon for these.

You can help spread the word about the event by printing and posting the fliers, blogging about it, telling your friends...