[Oeva-list] Thanks for a great EV Awareness Day!

Tim Kutscha tim_kutscha at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 09:35:11 PDT 2009

Hello OEVA folks,

Wow!  EV Awareness Day yesterday was the biggest we've ever had!
I was totally psyched when a Tesla Roadster showed up, unannounced.
Mayor Adams was there along with two VPs from the local power
companies.  John Wayland with his White Zombie was also present.

As you can imagine, an event of this magnitude doesn't happen without
lots of effort behind it.

I wish to extend a heartfelt thanks to Patrick Connor for taking on the
responsibilities of EV Awareness Day Chair this year and making this
event rock.  Pat spent huge amounts of time making this successful.

Jeff Kim was also instrumental in gathering and organizing sponsors for
this event.  I think this is the first year we've had sponsors, which enabled
us to expand our offerings at the Square.

Ray Blackburn (our Treasurer) worked with our sponsors to gather the
funds necessary for the event.  I believe Claire Luton also helped contact
the media to get coverage for this event.  I'm sure there are many other
key people that helped out that I've missed here.  Please let me know
who those are so I can acknowledge them at our next meeting.

Thanks to all the OEVA members who brought their EVs to share.  Also,
thanks to everyone who tended the OEVA table to hand out flyers and
educate people on the benefits of electric vehicles.

We've raised the bar this year and we couldn't have done it without all
your support.

If you have feedback for this event (what went well and what could be
improved), please e-mail it to me (tim_kutscha at yahoo.com).  I'd like to
make sure we learn from this to make next year go more smoothly.

Cheers and gratitude,
Tim
OEVA Chair